Friday, July 10, 2009

Thermal inertia, thermal avalanche, thermal breakdown, thermal design for failure.

I'm not sure if it's me or every equipment I happen to put my hands on these days is working on the edge of the design? at leat thermally speaking (I know, silicon has a very high working temperature on the die level,although some 95 celsius is considered normal sometimes, I had a few graphic cards tested and running around 60 to 75 degrees, and a CPU heatsink in a IBM compact desktop model around 56 degrees celsius, I have this little gem I use every day to check on my equipment, but is my believing the manufacturers are (and this could sound machiavellic) plotting to get your system to get thermally exhausted byt the first year so when your warranty is over, so it is your chip. :) , anyway, check the picture, and let me know if you think that's normal.

thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment