Thursday, July 16, 2009

how to dissasemble a TomTom GPS



my loved GPS just went crazy this morning, this is my third one, (long story short, they keep falling down from the windshield) , well , on this one I noticed the GPS was having trouble to get a fix on the satellites signals, and the only way to go was to wait for the battery to drain itself out and then start over, ( a soft reset and a reboot and a restore factory settings didn't seem to work )
so I said to myself, let's see what are you made off, ok?

nah, my real thinking process was "well, if your battery makes me wait between 5 minutes and 2 hours to get you back operational, then I'm taking your battery out, then I will have an instant hard reset everytime I pull the plug off WOW, I'm SO smart! :)

for the complete series of pictures, click here:

I found really interesting the same type of touchscreen is used for this and in the palm 3XE models. at least it looks pretty similar, I mean, the kind of technology. I have been trying to figure it out how they manage to sende an entire screen with just 4 cables?

No comments:

Post a Comment