Wednesday, June 10, 2009

too much trust in timing?

I was sent today to install an ADTRAN T916 in a business location , the freaky part begun when I discovered the T1 line wasn't on place, it was still on the outside of the building, then , to further amazement, the T1 line was inactive, so why this people send a field tech to make an install when nothing is ready to test operate or switch to production?

well, I think I will never know.

my first was a networked printer install, where nobody took the time to add those two printers to the server, and then as I stayed calmly at home waiting for the call, somebody was just unable to understand the fact that it is pointless to be onsite before the printers are added to the domain. so, I just remained calm , tried to explain the situation, the other side was like "this is ridiculous, then just hung up" well, I think I will never be paid for that time spent making just a few 6 calls to get this sorted out.

No comments:

Post a Comment