Sunday, May 24, 2009

the whiner

I will make my smartphone history public later, by now, I just felt like sharing my thoughts (not the good ones, if any) about my recently purchased palm treo 700W , yes, W , with windows mobile 5 , (and the polar caps didn't melt , uh?) ok, the point is, I like to be defined as a power user, may be not so heavy user of a smart phones, and repeating myself, I code palm OS software for myself for fun, and I know what these devices are capable of, believe me. now, after using my treo like I was saying,, well, after a few glitches in the sync feature, fixed , I recently discovered that after using the phone as a camcorder to shot a 7 mintes film of my cat (will post it later here) when trying to sync I get the horrible "out of memory" not in my laptop screen but IN MY PHONE!!. it looks like still in this 2009 year, after the terminator and star trek premiere, programmers from the past (they are busy working now coding the 2011 memory leaks) it is still possible to have your smartphone frozen and that little message "please choose which app to close to free some memory" URGGH! KISS (keep it simple, stupid) is a rule they don't follow at least not in a visible manner. anyway, now I'm heading one more time for another platform still in the quest for a nice and decent and reliable phone, don't worry , I know we are talking about a high fidelity chain here, it's not a single point of failure, we can blame the provider, the service , the software, the OS , the neighbored applications in the same device, etc etc. still dreaming of android or some other heavily tested and full featured smarphone for the masses.
talking about problems, next post, ATI radeon problems. call me a whinner if you want, but I'm still an idealist. tech in this world should be something simple and massive, not a flawed business waiting for the current wave to extinghish before launching the next wave of tech to the masses. (did I said masses twice?)
www.richmondlaptop.net

No comments:

Post a Comment