Sunday, April 12, 2009

TOMTOM GPS vs all the others

after somebody broke my driver side glass to get my loved tomtom "3rd edition"GPS, I went to the nearest bestbuy to get another (no I'm not a millionaire, I have a "disease" called navigational blindness) and as I can't work going places without gps, although i use google maps and mapquest from time to time, the point is : my eyes were wide open when I saw garmin and other brands gps users were forced to pay for updated maps even around 75 dollars for garmin SD card, I was WOW , and I can get my updates for free!!, so therefore I kept my fidelity and reliance on tomtom gps, only to find, a few months later , when I finally connected my new tomtom "one" that the company screwed up with the previously seamless and easy process to upgrade OS and maps, now I'm required to pay to get upgrades, because it looks like I have only a few "quarters of years" free upgrades, I thought it was for life, hey, you know you can get more and more customers by allowing free upgrades, may be it was never free, may be I just let the device to go too much time without connecting it to my computer and upgrading, anyway, it should be not a problem and a easy process. not the little nightmare of errors I got. thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment