Monday, June 13, 2011

a special docking station

what I want, and still I'm waiting from the IT industry is a docking station with extra memory and a couple more processors to boost my current configuration, some extra cooling for life support and a streamlined (in the OS kernel) support of docking/undocking operation , the real thing should have a couple of pipe conduits for air flow... or wait, even better: a multicore 8 or 16 cpu with only 4 cores enabled when in undocked mode, then at docking time fire up all processors and/or overlock them with the aid of extra refrigeration, maybe a couple of peltier modules facing up in the docking station and some design to use the extra cooling from the laptop. we should be able to 'feel' the boost in power.. not like now.

am I dreaming? is it possible? why not? c'mon .. the actual IT "state of the art" technology is kinda boring for me now. no challenges are being overcome, just more and more packing transistors in smaller spaces.. 3D models are still in the horizon.. I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment